Due to work commitments, we have a vacancy for a musical director for our recently formed training band to start from February or as soon as possible.
Rehearsals are Mondays 5.45 -6.45pm and the first Saturday of the month 10 -11am at St Stephen’s Church Hall, High Street, Middleton, M24 6DX
We currently have 16 members in the training band, aged 6 to 10 years old, who all began playing in September at the launch of our training band or have joined since.
We provide our service to young people of our community for free, including instrument loan and tuition. Please see our web page for more information about our newly formed training band and established youth band http://www.middletonband.com/youth-band/
The training band musical director is supported at all rehearsals by an experienced brass tutor who takes members out for individual and small group tuition. We are currently in the process of obtaining funding for a second tutor. Members of the band committee/ senior band are often also available to support the training band, as are some older members of the youth band.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is appropriately qualified /experienced in teaching /working with young children in either a classroom and/or band setting to lead our young band forward. The successful individual must also have an outstanding knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practices and will be subject to a DBS check. (Our safeguarding policy can be found on our webpage)
- Opening up and setting up the band room
- Preparing rehearsal, concert and practice materials
- Complete and maintain fire registers and registration/ inventory forms etc
- Direction and supervision of the training band during rehearsals, concerts, fundraisers etc
- Maintaining well organised, purposeful and effective rehearsals
- Ensure high standards of conduct and band etiquette
- Ensuring the well being, safety and safeguarding of all members at all rehearsals, concerts and any other events such as fundraising /social events
- Being an excellent role model
- Communicating effectively with parents
- Liaising effectively with the band committee, youth band manager, and tutor/s
- Taking an active role in promoting the training band and fundraising activities.
For more information about the musical director position, please get in touch in confidence to our band secretary Aaron 0161 375 1876 firstname.lastname@example.org who will be delighted to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please send a CV/ covering letter to Aaron, email@example.com. We will then invite you to come along to meet the youth band team and to audition with the training band.